Butterscotch Dye Chips
Candle dye chips are an easy way to consistently create many different shades for coloring candles. The benefits of using candle dye chips include:
- Cost Effective – One chip will color approximately 1 lb. of wax.
- No Mess or Spills – When using dye chips, you don't have to worry about spills or accidentally dripping too much dye into your melted wax.
- Selection of Pre-Made Colors – Candle dye chips come in many unique pre-made colors, allowing you to create the same color each time without blending.
- Usage Control – Each chip can be broken into smaller pieces if desired. The recommended use is 1 chip per lb. of wax for a medium shade, using less for lighter shades and more for deeper colors.
- Customization – Candle dye chips can be blended with other colors to create additional unique colors.
- Versatility – Candle dye chips can be used in paraffin and soy wax.
As with all candle making projects, we always recommend testing to achieve desired results. Once the candle dye chip has been added to the melted wax, we recommend stirring thoroughly to ensure the dye chip fully disperses in the wax.
Note: The shade shown in the color image is approximate and can vary with amount of dye and type of wax used. Other factors that can impact color when making candles include wax opacity, use of additives such as stearic acid, and fragrance.
Due to the wax consistencies, it is common for paraffin waxes to produce vibrant colors and soy waxes to produce pastel colors.
Posted by Danielle Melchor on 12th Oct 2017
Love the color
Khaki to Caramel
Posted by Liz on 21st Aug 2015
I didn't find 'butterscotch' yet but I found a beautiful khaki color with 2 chips in 16oz of C-3 soy wax. It reminds me of burlap and that reminds me off the fall season. It's a win!
4 chips in 2 lbs of 464 soy wax - great color!
Posted by Unknown on 14th Oct 2014
4 chips works best for a great butterscotch color.
I tried 2 chips in 2 lbs of 464 soy wax and it was a bit too peachy. 4 chips worked best.