Golden Brands GW 444 Soy Wax Flakes - 50 lb. Case
Golden Brands GW 444 is a natural soy wax containing a soy based additive to reduce frosting. The soy based additive and a higher melt point enable it to retain a higher fragrance load and improve scent throw. GW 444 is designed for use in container candles and blends well with other waxes, such as paraffin, slack, and microcrystalline wax. It is not recommended to blend GW 444 with beeswax.
Melt Point: 119 - 125°
Suggested Pouring Temperature: 125 - 145°
Advantages of using Golden Brands GW 444:
- Contains a soy based additive to reduce frosting and improve scent throw
- High fragrance load - 9% to 11% fragrance loads are possible
- Smooth and creamy look
- Comes in flake form
- No additives required
- Higher melt point helps to prevent candles from losing their form in warmer conditions
- Melt point: 119° to 125°
- Heat wax to around 185°
- Add dye if desired and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly
- Pouring temperatures should typically be around 125° to 145°, though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature
- Allow candles to cool as slow as possible to achieve good jar adhesion and create a smooth finish
- Wait at least 24 hours before burning
- Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size
Need Less Than 50 lbs.?
Click here for quantities of GW 444 less than 50 lbs.