ProBlend 450 Paraffin Pillar Wax
Need case quantities? Click HERE.
ProBlend 450 Paraffin Pillar Wax is a premium quality paraffin wax designed for making pillar candles, votive candles, and tarts. This blend currently comes in pastille form for ease of use. This wax is specially blended to help you create beautiful pillar candles with strong scent throw!
Melt Point: ~ 132°F
Advantages of using ProBlend 450:
- Pastille form makes it easy to get just the right amount of wax needed without having to cut or break slabs
- Just enough shrinkage for easy mold removal
- High fragrance load – up to 7% fragrance loads are possible
- Pre-blended; no additives required
- Melt wax to approximately 180° - 185°F.
- Add candle dye and additives if desired and mix thoroughly to ensure full dispersion
- Add fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly to ensure full dispersion – We recommend adding 1 oz. of fragrance per lb. of wax to begin, adjusting up or down to achieve desired scent strength
- Cool to approximately 175°F and pour into mold slowly – While pouring temperatures should typically be around 175°, experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature (Please note: Votive and pillar candles generally require a second pour, which should be approximately 10° hotter than the initial pour to ensure the wax binds together)
- Allow candles to cool at room temperature for 24 – 48 hours prior to burning
- Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size