ProBlend 650 Para-Soy Votive and Tart Wax
Please note: ProBlend 650 will be transitioning from a granule form to a pastille form during June 2020. There is no change to the wax other than the form changing from granules to pastilles.
ProBlend 650 Para-Soy Votive and Tart Wax is designed for use in pillar, votives, and tarts. Blended with a ratio of approximately 52% soy and 48% paraffin, you get the best of both worlds! Smooth and creamy appearance and great scent throw. This wax comes in pastille form for easy handling and measuring. Used and loved by industry professionals!
Melt Point: ~ 130° - 132°F
Advantages of using ProBlend 650:
- Pastille form makes it easy to get just the right amount of wax needed without having to cut or break slabs
- High fragrance load - 8% to 10% fragrance loads are possible
- Smooth, creamy and opaque look
- Pre-blended; no additives required
- Melt wax to approximately 180° - 185°F.
- Add candle dye and additives if desired and mix thoroughly to ensure full dispersion
- Add fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly to ensure full dispersion – We recommend adding 1 oz. of fragrance per lb. of wax to begin, adjusting up or down to achieve desired scent strength
- Cool to approximately 160° - 175°F and pour into containers slowly – While pouring temperatures should typically be around 160° to 175°, experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature (Please note: Votive and pillar candles generally require a second pour, which should be approximately 10° hotter than the initial pour to ensure the wax binds together)
- Allow candles to cool at room temperature for 24 – 48 hours prior to burning
- For pillar and votive candles, wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size