ProBlend 650 Para-Soy Votive and Tart Wax
Need case quantities? CLICK HERE
ProBlend 650 Para-Soy Votive and Tart Wax is designed for use in pillar, votives, and tarts. Blended with a ratio of approximately 52% soy and 48% paraffin, you get the best of both worlds! Smooth and creamy appearance and great scent throw. This wax comes in granule form for easy handling and measuring. Used and loved by industry professionals!
Melt Point: ~ 130° - 132°F
Advantages of using ProBlend 650:
- Granule form makes it easy to get just the right amount of wax needed without having to cut or break slabs
- High fragrance load - 8% to 10% fragrance loads are possible
- Smooth, creamy and opaque look
- Pre-blended; no additives required
- Melt wax to approximately 180° - 185°F.
- Add candle dye and additives if desired and mix thoroughly to ensure full dispersion
- Add fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly to ensure full dispersion – We recommend adding 1 oz. of fragrance per lb. of wax to begin, adjusting up or down to achieve desired scent strength
- Cool to approximately 160° - 175°F and pour into containers slowly – While pouring temperatures should typically be around 160° to 175°, experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature (Please note: Votive and pillar candles generally require a second pour, which should be approximately 10° hotter than the initial pour to ensure the wax binds together)
- Allow candles to cool at room temperature for 24 – 48 hours prior to burning
- For pillar and votive candles, wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size
Showing reviews 1-10 of 38 | Next
Posted by Teresa Barfield on 16th Nov 2018
I have tried 2 other waxes but this one is the one. Best cold and hot throw.
Posted by RG on 27th Oct 2018
I've been sampling all kinds of parasoy waxes over the last month for my wax melts and votives and I have a winner! Very easy to use, creamy and holds scent very well. Ordering more!
Great for a beginner
Posted by CL on 27th Aug 2018
I'm just getting started making melts and decided to try this was to start with. Great results, easy to measure, good scent throw, smooth and creamy finish.
Posted by Tiffany on 12th Apr 2018
Love this wax!! It’s so easy to use and makes great wax melts. I also used this for some small sample candles. Worked perfect.
Not too sure.
Posted by Kellei on 25th Mar 2018
I bought this because the reviews were so good. When I made my melts all was good and then they dried. That were not smooth at all. They were crazy bumpy. My original soy wax I use is always smooth. So I was pretty bummed because I ordered a 5 pound bag. I still have 3 pounds left. I’m going to give it another whirl. I’m thinking maybe I got the wax too hot while melting. Scent throw is pretty good cold and hot. So I give it 3 starts for that.
Perfect for me
Posted by MB on 18th Mar 2018
I ordered the wrong wax the first time around; got the 600 instead of 650. Since I make tarts, the 600 was too soft. The 650 was PERFECT. Easy to work with and absorbs fragrances really well, as long as you follow directions regarding temperatures. I will be buying from here a lot!
Good but not as gppd
Posted by Anthony on 14th Mar 2018
I think this wax works wonderful compared to other waxes but the scent throw is just not there.
Excellent and Easy
Posted by LilSlow on 10th Feb 2018
Though I'm new to wax tart/melts making, I think I struck gold on the first try. Based on other reviews, I chose this wax to start making melts, and it's performed exactly as stated. Easy to work with following TFC temp and guidelines. I've had no problems incorporating FOs from 6% all the way to 10%. The tarts pop out of silicone mold effortlessly, are dry to the touch and look so professional. They melt at a good speed (not super fast, but not too slow) in a 24 watt wax warmer. Cold and hot throws have been great, depending on FO% used. Liquid dyes have made for light pastels to muted/dull mid-shades, and look like soy candles, creamy and matte. The uncolored ones I've done are a beautiful natural looking white, exactly like all soy candles. Don't look at all like paraffin. Love this!
Have had good results, except one
Posted by Elisa Davis-Diaz on 5th Dec 2017
I started using this blend, the first couple of bags I went through worked amazingly. Then I bought a 3 bag and no matter how much fragrance I used and used many different ones, the cold throw was great, but no scent in the hot throw. I did buy more, not sure if there was something wrong with that one bag or not, but I wasted a ton of fragrances trying to get it to work. Some I had not tested, because of prior purchases they wanted to buy them because the others purchased from me worked so well. I sure hope these bags work well or I can't afford to keep doing the melts. :(
Good Wax but Ripples
Posted by MD on 16th Nov 2017
I like this wax but I really prefer 'smooth tops' and this ripples. All in all it's a good blend.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 38 | Next