IGI 6006 Paraffin/Soy Pre-Blended Container Wax
IGI 6006 is designed to be a single pour container wax when used under favorable conditions. This wax provides the combined benefits of paraffin and soy wax into a single blend. Approximate ratio is 70% paraffin and 30% soy.
Melt Point: 133°
Advantages of using IGI 6006:
- Typically requires only a single pour for containers up to 28 oz (Large or tall containers may require a second pour)
- Good adhesion to jars under optimal conditions (some containers may require heating prior to pouring the wax)
- High fragrance load - 8% to 10% fragrance loads are possible
- Smooth and creamy look
- Achieve vibrant and dark colors
- Excellent hot and cold scent throw
- Pre-blended; no additives required
- Melt point: 133°
- Heat wax to 185° - 195°
- Add dye if desired and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly
- Pouring temperatures should typically be around 160° to 180°, though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature
- Allow candles to cool as slow as possible to achieve good jar adhesion and create a smooth finish
- Wait at least 24 hours before burning
- Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size
Showing reviews 1-10 of 25 | Next
EXCELLENT Hot Throw!
Posted by L. Allen on 12th Dec 2018
I've only tried two waxes - soy (Nature C-3) and IG 6006 (parasoy). I like the idea of an all-natural candle, but I also like a candle that has great hot throw. I tried this wax based on the description, and I am in love. Easy to work with (once you get past the the stickiness of it). I used this in the 4 oz tins with the Salted Caramel FO and let the candles cure for a week. OH. MY. GOSH. Perfection.
Love this wax!
Posted by Charleen Roth on 29th Oct 2018
I love 6006 wax. It gives an amazing hot and cold throw and there is virtually no cure time. I let my candles dry for about 12 hours and they are ready to go! My customers love them.
Very easy to use
Posted by LISA B on 24th Aug 2018
I really like this wax. I used it in 9 oz glass jars and got excellent glass adhesion, color and no frosting. I'm testing wicks right now. Can't wait to add fragrance to check out the CT/HT.
Perfect for my needs
Posted by Unknown on 24th May 2018
Clean burning, great for containers. Using it with wood wicks, very nice.
Posted by Lora Hall on 11th Mar 2018
This is the first wax I tried after doing some research. Hadn't made candles for years and wanted to start again. I LOVE this wax. I have had success from the get go. I use it exclusively. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Posted by Bryan Simpson on 22nd Jan 2018
Fantastic hot and cold throw. This also takes color from color-blocks really beautifully. Not the smoothest tops I've seen, but decent.
Only wax i use
Posted by jennifer Brightwell on 26th Sep 2017
I love this blend... I tried another just because and it didn't perform as well... The other had sweat spots and didn't throw like i wanted... Going back to 6006
Nice product, just too soft for my needs
Posted by TL Cox on 11th Aug 2016
For this to be a container wax, I was surprised at how soft it was, especially for a parasoy blend. I used this to make wax melts and the cubes stuck to the sides of the container; they didn't cleanly break off. Will probably blend with GW444 to firm it up a bit and see how that performs.
Great scent throw
Posted by penny on 17th Sep 2015
I love this wax, it has a wonderful cold and hot throw. There is no issues with frosting either, and easy to use.
Great hot throw!
Posted by Busy Mom on 25th Jun 2015
New to candle making, I bought straight up soy and thought it would work. Great cold throw, zero hot throw. Researched this 6006, gave it a try, and thrilled that I did! Excellent hot throw, no wet spots, perfect melt pool. Just order five times the amount of my last order!
Showing reviews 1-10 of 25 | Next