Wooden Wicks – Small
*Tabs included (shown in picture 2 above - click see 1 more picture)
Small wooden wicks are generally recommended for small sized containers or tins. However, testing is recommended to achieve the desired burning characteristics. The type of wax used will impact the specific size needed for a particular candle.
Small wooden wick size: 6"L x 3/8"W
Our wooden wicks give you the ultimate performance in an all-natural wooden wick. All wood used to manufacture our wooden wicks is purchased in the USA and only from mills that maintain an FSC certification and practice environmentally friendly forestry standards.
- Tab the wicks prior to placing in wax
- Melt wax, pour into container
- The amount of crackle directly relates may be impacted the amount of color and fragrance that is added to the candle. The best crackle may be produced with fragrance levels of 6% - 8%, but testing is recommended to achieve desired results
- Let wax start to get slushy (solidify on the bottom) and place the wooden wick(s) in the center of the wax
- Monitor periodically when cooling to ensure wooden wick(s) remained centered
- Allow finished candles to cure overnight before burning
- Trim wick to no more than 1/8" to 3/16” before lighting - It is very important to keep the wicks trimmed to no more than 1/8" to 3/16" before lighting. Trimming them longer than this will prevent the wax from pulling up the wick and will cause the flame to burn out.
IMPORTANT: Usage Reporting & Patent Requirements:
All users of these wooden wicks are required to label products with the wooden wick patent information as follows: "Pat. www.lumetique.com/patents"
The manufacturer requires distributors, such as ourselves - The Flaming Candle Company, to disclose customer information when purchases meet or exceed 1,000 wooden wick units at a time. Information disclosed to the manufacturer includes customer name and company name, if applicable. This is used for patent protection purposes and not marketing.
By purchasing our wooden wicks, you agree to the Usage Reporting & Patent Requirements.
Posted by K.P. on 10th Dec 2018
I’ve been using these wooden wicks for over a year now and have never had any issues. It does take some testing to find which Wick size is right for your vessel but that is always the case with any wick you use. None of my wicks have ever flamed out. I have noticed though, the majority of the general public does not know how to properly care for wooden wicks since they are a little different so I created care instructions specifically for my candles to insure there are no issues.
Posted by Unknown on 8th Nov 2018
I usually purchase these same exact wicks from The Wooden Wick Co. (the supplier that makes these) and NEVER had an issue. However this year I have had several customers tell me their candles are flaming out! What an embrassment for me and my candle business. I'm having to TRIPLE wick these for a 2.5" jar, that's absurd!!!
Posted by Unknown on 28th Dec 2017
I am an experienced candle maker. I've been ordering wood wicks from the flaming candle for quite awhile. They always performed wonderfully. However these new wicks seem to contain a large number of defective wicks. Some perform great, others will not stay lit no matter what you do.