Wooden Wicks – Large
*Tabs included (shown in picture 2 above - click see 1 more picture)
Large wooden wicks are generally recommended for medium to large sized containers or tins. However, testing is recommended to achieve the desired burning characteristics. The type of wax used will impact the specific size needed for a particular candle.
Large wooden wick size: 6"L x 5/8"W
Our wooden wicks give you the ultimate performance in an all-natural wooden wick. All wood used to manufacture our wooden wicks is purchased in the USA and only from mills that maintain an FSC certification and practice environmentally friendly forestry standards.
- Tab the wicks prior to placing in wax
- Melt wax, pour into container
- The amount of crackle directly relates may be impacted the amount of color and fragrance that is added to the candle. The best crackle may be produced with fragrance levels of 6% - 8%, but testing is recommended to achieve desired results
- Let wax start to get slushy (solidify on the bottom) and place the wooden wick(s) in the center of the wax
- Monitor periodically when cooling to ensure wooden wick(s) remained centered
- Allow finished candles to cure overnight before burning
- Trim wick to no more than 1/8" to 3/16” before lighting - It is very important to keep the wicks trimmed to no more than 1/8" to 3/16" before lighting. Trimming them longer than this will prevent the wax from pulling up the wick and will cause the flame to burn out.
IMPORTANT: Usage Reporting & Patent Requirements:
All users of these wooden wicks are required to label products with the wooden wick patent information as follows: "Pat. www.lumetique.com/patents"
The manufacturer requires distributors, such as ourselves - The Flaming Candle Company, to disclose customer information when purchases meet or exceed 1,000 wooden wick units at a time. Information disclosed to the manufacturer includes customer name and company name, if applicable. This is used for patent protection purposes and not marketing.
By purchasing our wooden wicks, you agree to the Usage Reporting & Patent Requirements.