Wooden Wicks – Medium
*Tabs included (shown in picture 2 above - click see 1 more picture)
Medium wooden wicks are generally recommended for small to medium sized containers or tins. However, testing is recommended to achieve the desired burning characteristics. The type of wax used will impact the specific size needed for a particular candle.
Medium wooden wick size: 6"L x 1/2"W
Our wooden wicks give you the ultimate performance in an all-natural wooden wick. All wood used to manufacture our wooden wicks is purchased in the USA and only from mills that maintain an FSC certification and practice environmentally friendly forestry standards.
- Tab the wicks prior to placing in wax
- Melt wax, pour into container
- The amount of crackle directly relates may be impacted the amount of color and fragrance that is added to the candle. The best crackle may be produced with fragrance levels of 6% - 8%, but testing is recommended to achieve desired results
- Let wax start to get slushy (solidify on the bottom) and place the wooden wick(s) in the center of the wax
- Monitor periodically when cooling to ensure wooden wick(s) remained centered
- Allow finished candles to cure overnight before burning
- Trim wick to no more than 1/8" to 3/16” before lighting - It is very important to keep the wicks trimmed to no more than 1/8" to 3/16" before lighting. Trimming them longer than this will prevent the wax from pulling up the wick and will cause the flame to burn out.
IMPORTANT: Usage Reporting & Patent Requirements:
All users of these wooden wicks are required to label products with the wooden wick patent information as follows: "Pat. www.lumetique.com/patents"
The manufacturer requires distributors, such as ourselves - The Flaming Candle Company, to disclose customer information when purchases meet or exceed 1,000 wooden wick units at a time. Information disclosed to the manufacturer includes customer name and company name, if applicable. This is used for patent protection purposes and not marketing.
By purchasing our wooden wicks, you agree to the Usage Reporting & Patent Requirements.
I love these!!!
Posted by Paula M. on 30th May 2019
I thought when Flaming Candle made the change to the more natural untreated wicks that I would have to deal with major adjustments with my candles. Turns out that these are so much better. I really love them. Thanks FC.
These wicks are awesome!
Posted by Jane on 13th May 2019
I use a lot of fragrance and dye (and even a little mica powder) in my soy candles and I was having trouble finding a singular wick that could handle the load. These do the trick tho! They crackle nicely and don’t smoke, which is another bonus with all the extra stuff I use. Will definitely be buying these again!!
Love the wicks!
Posted by Cherry on 29th Apr 2019
I’m new to candle making. These were my first try! Awesome. I never had a problem with flames going out. Nice crackle. I used the medium and large in 8 oz glass containers. Will be ordering again. In comparison to other wooden wicks purchased, the medium is a true medium I. Comparison to their mediums that appear “mini”. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it
No problems with these or any size
Posted by Cinde on 13th Apr 2019
Stays lit just fine for me. No issues what so ever. I use medium-extra large. No difference. Only light once and that’s it. Soy 464
Posted by Cherry Sydnor on 10th Apr 2019
First time making candles and these were super easy to work with. Always crackled. I used the medium with 8 oz jar. Flame is pretty big though. The small appears it would be too small for my containers. Definitely will purchase again
Superior Quality and Performance!
Posted by Melissa Mullins on 11th Feb 2019
This last year I decided to give wooden wicks a try and sampled them from different companies, but the ones from Flaming Candle have performed the best! They burn clean without soot and are very simple to use.