Blue Dye Chips
Candle dye chips are an easy way to consistently create many different shades for coloring candles. The benefits of using candle dye chips include:
- Cost Effective – One chip will color approximately 1 lb. of wax.
- No Mess or Spills – When using dye chips, you don't have to worry about spills or accidentally dripping too much dye into your melted wax.
- Selection of Pre-Made Colors – Candle dye chips come in many unique pre-made colors, allowing you to create the same color each time without blending.
- Usage Control – Each chip can be broken into smaller pieces if desired. The recommended use is 1 chip per lb. of wax for a medium shade, using less for lighter shades and more for deeper colors.
- Customization – Candle dye chips can be blended with other colors to create additional unique colors.
- Versatility – Candle dye chips can be used in paraffin and soy wax.
As with all candle making projects, we always recommend testing to achieve desired results. Once the candle dye chip has been added to the melted wax, we recommend stirring thoroughly to ensure the dye chip fully disperses in the wax.
Note: The shade shown in the color image is approximate and can vary with amount of dye and type of wax used. Other factors that can impact color when making candles include wax opacity, use of additives such as stearic acid, and fragrance.
Due to the wax consistencies, it is common for paraffin waxes to produce vibrant colors and soy waxes to produce pastel colors.
Posted by Dave on 20th Feb 2018
The Chips are so small yet pack a punch love them
NICE CLEAN COLOR
Posted by MARSHA RANDOLPH on 12th Mar 2017
I used two chips and my blue was not as blue as the color shown however it is a beautiful shade. I used the blocks before but I think the chips seem to work fine. Next time I will have to order more.
Posted by angie paluch on 26th Jan 2017
This is a true, vibrant blue in my soy wax. I used 1 chip per lb.
Posted by Amanda on 14th Oct 2014
I've tried quite a few different candle colors and these are by far the best I have come across. The color turns out solid and consistent. Also, these chips are strong, a little goes a long way.
Posted by Robin McLendon on 23rd Jun 2014
Color is great. I add 2 per 1 pound to get a true blue color
Very nice color
Posted by Unknown on 16th Dec 2013
I used 1 chip to 12oz of soy wax. The color was a vibrant blue, very nice color! I would definitely purchase again.
Easier Than Liquid Candle Dye
Posted by Julia on 2nd Sep 2013
I have been making candles for such a long time, and I have tried all kinds of dye. I can honestly say that these dye chips were easier than liquid candle dye for me. I love that these are so versatile. You can even break the chips down into smaller pieces for a more customized look.