Temporarily Suspending New Orders To Enhance Operations
In our last newsletter we sent on Tuesday May 5th, we discussed the unprecedented growth we have experienced (which we are all grateful for) and the series of steps we are taking to adapt to this new growth. However, we are continuing to see a major increase in order volume that is requiring us to temporarily suspend taking new orders (this applies to orders shipped via carriers and customer pick-ups).
Don't worry! We will be back very soon. Here are the details:
- We have seen a sudden increase in demand and are working very hard to implement new operations to meet that demand. We are significantly increasing staffing levels, streamlining our order processing, and working on automating tasks that are more labor intensive.
- Suspending orders until we are caught up will allow us time to hire & train new staff and get caught up on filling & shipping orders
What this means:
- Be sure to place your order asap, as we will close mid-day Wednesday until we are caught up on orders. Shipping, as well as the pickup option, on new orders will be suspended on our website at 3:00 pm eastern time on Wed 5/20.
- We will still answer the phone & respond to emails
- We will be unable to take new orders during this closure until we are fully caught up. We anticipate this could take at least 5 business days, and possibly longer.
- We will allow pickups from our warehouse for orders that were placed prior to the suspension of new orders
- We will notify everyone as soon as we are open again and can take new orders
We cannot express the enormity of our gratitude for putting your trust and confidence in us to be your supporting partner and supplier. We hold ourselves to very high standards and are excited to meet this challenge of this growth. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts and we will notify you asap when we begin taking new orders.
We have had an unprecedented increase in online sales over the past few weeks and we are working diligently to accommodate everyone as much as possible. We understand the need for fast shipping and the impacts it has on you, your customers, and your business. We have always placed a heavy focus and delivered on our same-day shipping promise. However, the current order volume has put a temporary strain on our ability to offer same-day shipping. Please plan ahead as much as possible, as same-day shipping is not currently available.
Please take note of the following announcements:
Phone Lines Are Full
▪ We are taking as many phone calls as we can handle. Our phone lines are currently in use all day and we are responding to voicemails as fast as we can. We apologize for those that have had difficulty getting through to speak with our customer service team. If possible, we encourage everyone to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help expedite our response times.
Order Processing Times Have Increased
◦ We are currently experiencing delays in our order processing times. As of now, please allow approximately 4-7 business days for your order to be pulled, packed and shipped. Please note lead times could get longer if current order volumes continue.
Order Pickups Are Allowed Via Curbside Service Only
◦ We are currently keeping our showroom/office pickup area closed to the public, however we are allowing customer pickups.
Order Pickups Must Wait for Email Confirmation Before Arrival
◦ Pickup orders are being handled in the order they are received. They will not be ready within 24 hours. Since our processing times have increased, we need local customers to assist us by waiting to receive confirmation that their order is ready for pickup before driving out to the warehouse. Please note, as of now, this may take approximately 4-7 business days.
We are taking the following necessary steps to help get lead times back under control:
• Increasing the number of full-time staff.
• Extending work days, including order processing 7 days a week.
• All hands are on deck to expedite orders. This means we have every available resource in the company focused on order processing and shipping.
We very much appreciate everyone's cooperation and willingness to work with us during this challenging time. We also thank you for trusting The Flaming Candle to be your crafting partner. This is not something we take for granted, and we are greatly humbled by both the growth that you, our customers, are seeing and for allowing us to be a part of your journey.
We will continue to update you with any changes to order lead times. Please stay safe and healthy as we continue through these difficult times. We will all get through this.