Golden Brands GW 464 Soy Wax Flakes
Golden Brands GW 464 is a natural soy wax containing a soy based additive to reduce frosting and increase fragrance load. GW 464 is designed for use in container candles and blends well with other waxes, such as paraffin, slack, and microcrystalline wax. It is not recommended to blend GW 464 with beeswax. The lower melt point of this wax enables it to have improved jar adhesion and helps prevent wet spots. A heat gun may be necessary to smooth out tops on finished candles.
Melt Point: 115 - 120°
Suggested Pouring Temperature: 130 - 145°
Advantages of using GW 464:
- Typically requires only a single pour
- Contains a soy based additive allowing for to reduce frosting and improved scent throw
- High fragrance load - 8% to 10% fragrance loads are possible
- Smooth and creamy look
- Comes in flake form
- No additives required
- Melt point: 115° to 120°
- Heat wax to around 185°
- Add dye if desired and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly
- Pouring temperatures should typically be around 130° to 145°, though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature
- Allow candles to cool as slow as possible to achieve good jar adhesion and create a smooth finish
- Wait at least 24 hours before burning
- Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size
Need 50 lbs. or More?
Click here for GW 464 50 lb. case quantities
Showing reviews 1-10 of 53 | Next
I'm pleased with this wax
Posted by Unknown on 11th Jan 2019
It burns cleaner than soy wax I have purchased elsewhere and I don't have the problem of wicks drowning like I have had with other wax.
Posted by Kerry Haley on 20th Nov 2018
Especially nice for glass. Heated and then poured at the right temp. Adhered to glass, no voids or separation.
Great product & quick shipping!!
Posted by Aisha on 9th Nov 2018
I’m new to candle making. I had researched soy waxes and bought GW 464 & C-3. They both are good but I really like the 464 one. It has a good hot throw & it was so smooth in the tins (I also bought from here).
Also I’m local in GA and I received my wax the next day as well as my tins. I’m so happy to find a local supplier!
perfect for me
Posted by Rosy Blanco on 29th Sep 2018
This wax is amazing at least works for me every time ,sometime act really weird if the fragrance don't like the wax the other way around but just been 2 0r 3 time, just reheated and done.
Posted by Jacqueline Scott on 16th Sep 2018
Wonderful smooth creamy top. No wetting and fabulous adhersion in the jar. Makes a fantastic candle.
Posted by jonathan schmutz on 24th Aug 2018
Posted by mbortles on 9th Apr 2018
I've only been pouring in tins, but the tops have been very smooth.
Posted by R on 31st Mar 2018
This wax is the best. Awesome hot throw, smooth and beautiful!
GB 464 is the he best wax
Posted by Susan on 22nd Feb 2018
I have USD for 4 years now love it..I use vybar 260 1/2 teaspoon per pound load fragrance 2 oz per pound wax tarts people can't get enough
Posted by Unknown on 19th Feb 2018
I purchase 464 soywax however I wasn't to impress with wax it had a lot of Frosting and the throw scent was very weak. I will be trying the 444 next, hopefully I have a better experience.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 53 | Next