Golden Brands GW 454 Soy/Coconut Wax Flakes - 45 lb. Case
Golden Brands GW 454 is a natural soy and coconut blended wax that is ideal for container candle applications. As a premium plant-based flaked wax, 454 is a single pour wax and offers excellent glass adhesion and significant bloom/frost reduction.
*A heat gun may be necessary to smooth out tops on finished candles*
Melt Point: 115-125 °F
Suggested Pouring Temperature: 155-180°F
Fragrance Load: 5-10%
Primary Use: Container candles, wax melts
Advantages of using GW 454:
- Palm Free
- Single Pour with Smooth Tops
- Great Cold & Hot Scent Throw
- Great Jar Adhesion
- Minimal bloom/frost
- Melt point: 115° to 125°
- Heat wax to around 180°
- Add dye if desired and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly
- Pouring temperatures should typically be around 155° to 180°, though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature
- Allow candles to cool as slow as possible to achieve good jar adhesion and create a smooth finish
Allow candles to cure for two weeks for optimal fragrance throw.
In house testing results/suggestions:
- We love poring this wax at 140°
- 8-10 % Fragrance Load
- Heat to 155°- 170° and add fragrance oil
- Stir for 2 minutes
- Pour between 140°- 150°
- Allow to cure for at least 5 days, with two weeks being ideal
Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size, although Eco Series Wicks seem to perform the best.
Need Less Than 45 lbs.?
Click here for GW 454 quantities less than 45 lbs.