NatureWax C-3 Soy Wax Flakes
NatureWax C-3 soy wax from Cargill is an all-natural soy wax blend that is well known for excellent jar adhesion (minimal wet spots), minimal frosting, and excellent scent throw. We have found that NatureWax C-3 produces the best aesthetic candles among the various soy waxes we have tested/carry and is very easy to work with.
Melt Point: 125 - 130°F
Suggested Pouring Temperature: 120-165°F
Advantages of using C-3 soy wax:
- Typically requires only a single pour (tops can be smoothed out with a heat gun if necessary)
- Formulated to minimize frosting when used correctly
- Strong hot and cold scent throw
- Typical fragrance load is 6% or less (fragrance loads up to 7-10% are possible with the addition of additives)
- Smooth and creamy appearance
- Excellent jar adhesion
- Comes in flake form
- No additives required
- Melt point: 125 – 130°F
- Heat wax to temperature 130 - 190° (caution: heating wax above 200° may cause wax discoloration)
- Add dye as needed and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance oil as needed and mix thoroughly (fragrance oil should be added just before pouring to prevent fragrance oil from evaporating)
- Pouring temperatures should typically be around 120° to 165°, though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature
- When pouring melted wax into containers, the containers should be at room temperature or slightly warmer
- Allow candles to cool as slow as possible to achieve good jar adhesion and create a smooth finish
Need 50 lbs. or More?
Click here for C-3 wax 50 lb. case quantities. Discounts are available at 5-32 cases and 33+ cases (pallet quantity).
WAY Better Than My Old Wax!
Posted by Wendy Wagner on 18th Jan 2018
I had been using a parasoy blend that has since been reformulated, and I wasn't thriled with the reviews I'd been reading about it. I thought I'd give C-3 a try and, so far, I love it! I use it for wax melts, and the cold and hot throw has been excellent.
VERY HAPPY SO FAR
Posted by Kritta on 6th Jan 2018
I have made several candles with this wax so far. I'm new to candle making, but am very happy with my results thus far. I used this wax in an 8oz mason jar with the Premier 760 wicks, and used the Fierce (type) fragrance oil (1oz per pound). As long as you slow down the cooling of your candles as much as possible you will have good results. I had wet spots on the first few candles I made because the room I put them in was too cold I believe. The most recent candles I made were put into a room with a heater and I left them to cure on top of a piece of Styrofoam and had GREAT results with NO wet spots, and the tops are perfectly smooth (no second pour needed)! They look professional which is what I was looking for. I will give these out as gifts to my friends and I think they'll love them! So glad I found The Flaming Candle! :)
Posted by Amanda on 8th Nov 2017
My only issue with this wax is instead of sink holes, i have a cracked ring on all my candles about an inch around the wick. I'm not sure if it's the wick that causes this or what. They are extremely hard to fix, almost impossible, for after I heat the top and it re-cools, the ring is now frosted.
Posted by Katina Roberts on 20th Oct 2017
This is my first time using this particular soy wax but its greatnjust like the others i used from here.
Posted by Alexis on 17th Sep 2017
I have to say this is the absolute best soy wax that I have used so far. I've only ever used 464 wax, and that has always been guaranteed to give me sink holes. This wax never disappoints. I never have to worry about sink holes again and my candles are always guaranteed to smell amazing!! I'm in love!!! ♥♥♥
Best Wax Ever
Posted by Britney Banks on 8th May 2017
I Love this Wax! I Get a Smooth top Everytime.
Only wax I'll use!
Posted by Kayla on 19th Nov 2016
This wax is awesome! So far it doesn't bother my husband's asthma, and it's so easy to clean. It holds the scents great! The wax and oil ratio I use is just perfect with this wax, I constantly get told how great my candles smell and how well the scent throw is. I'll never use a different wax.
i love this wax!
Posted by bella'smom on 24th Oct 2015
I really like this wax it so far hasn't bothered my son who has asthma, and allergies!
Posted by Unknown on 4th Sep 2015
I will order again
Best so far.
Posted by Unknown on 28th Jul 2015
I was using the Eco soy and experimenting with container size and pouring temps. This wax is MUCH more forgiving than the Eco soy. Burns well and completely. Little to no wax left on the glass. Holds fragrance well and doesn't get as hot as fast as the Eco soy.