Golden Brands GW 464 Soy Wax Flakes - 45 lb. Case
Please note: Effective 8/18/2020, GW 464 will be packaged in 45 lb. cartons and will no longer be 50 lbs.
Golden Brands GW 464 is a natural soy wax containing a soy based additive to reduce frosting and increase fragrance load. GW 464 is designed for use in container candles and blends well with other waxes, such as paraffin, slack, and microcrystalline wax. It is not recommended to blend GW 464 with beeswax. The lower melt point of this wax enables it to have improved jar adhesion and helps prevent wet spots. A heat gun may be necessary to smooth out tops on finished candles.
Melt Point: 115 - 120°
Suggested Pouring Temperature: 130 - 145°
Advantages of using GW 464:
- Typically requires only a single pour
- Contains a soy based additive allowing for to reduce frosting and improved scent throw
- High fragrance load - 8% to 10% fragrance loads are possible
- Smooth and creamy look
- Comes in flake form
- No additives required
- Melt point: 115° to 120°
- Heat wax to around 185°
- Add dye if desired and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly
- Pouring temperatures should typically be around 130° to 145°, though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature
- Allow candles to cool as slow as possible to achieve good jar adhesion and create a smooth finish
- Wait at least 24 hours before burning
- Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size
Need Less Than 45 lbs.?
Click here for GW 464 quantities less than 45 lbs