Golden Brands GW 494 Wax Melt and Tart Soy Wax - 50 lb. Case
Golden Brands GW 494 is a natural soy wax created for the specific use of making wax melts and tarts. The wax blend composition includes botanical additives that prevent wicks from properly burning and therefore should not be used in candles. This wax is only recommended for wax melts and tarts and not for use in candles.
Melt Point: 120 - 125°
Suggested Pouring Temperature: Approximately 160°
Advantages of using GW 494:
- Soy wax and botanical composition designed to minimize bloom and frosting
- High fragrance load - 10% to 12%
- Smooth and uniform finished appearance
- Comes in flake form
- Exceptional hot and cold throw
- Create bright, vivid colors
- Heat wax to around 185°
- Add dye if desired and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance oil if desired and mix thoroughly
- Cool to approximately 160° and pour into clamshells or tart molds slowly. Experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature.
- Recommended to wait at least 5 - 7 days before using
Need Less Than 50 lbs.?
Click here for GW 494 quantities less than 50 lbs