Dye Chip Sample Pack
Our candle dye chip sample pack comes with 5 of each of the 27 colors listed below (a total of 135 chips) and is a great way to test many colors without having to buy larger quantities. Each color is packaged in foil bags to minimize dye bleeding through the bag. Candle dye chips are an easy solution for coloring wax and achieving different shades of a desired color. The benefits of using candle dye chips include:
- Cost Effective - One chip will color approximately 1 lb. of wax.
- No Mess or Spills – When using dye chips, you don't have to worry about spills or accidentally dripping too much dye into your melted wax.
- Selection of Pre-Made Colors – Candle dye chips come in many unique pre-made colors, allowing you to create the same color each time without blending.
- Usage Control – Each chip can be broken into smaller pieces if desired. The recommended use is 1 chip per lb. of wax for a medium shade, using less for lighter shades and more for deeper colors.
- Customization – Candle dye chips can be blended with other colors to create additional unique colors.
- Versatility – Liquid candle dyes can be used in paraffin and soy wax.
As with all candle making projects, we always recommend testing to achieve desired results. Once the candle dye chip has been added to the melted wax, we recommend stirring thoroughly to insure the dye chip fully disperses in the wax.
Note: The shades shown in the color image are approximate and can vary with amount of dye and type of wax used. Other factors that can impact color when making candles include wax opacity, use of additives such as stearic acid, and fragrance.
Due to the wax consistencies, it is common for paraffin waxes to produce vibrant colors and soy waxes to produce pastel colors.
Colors included are:
- Christmas Green
- Colonial blue
- Hunter Green
- Pale Pink
- Sage Green