Golden Brands GW 415 Soy Wax Flakes
Golden Brands GW 415 soy wax is 100% pure and does not contain any additives. It has a slightly higher melt point enabling it to retain a higher fragrance load. GW 415 is designed for use in container candles and blends well with other waxes, such as paraffin and beeswax. A heat gun may be necessary to smooth out the tops of finished candles.
Melt Point: 120 - 125°
Suggested Pouring Temperature: 90 - 100°
Advantages of using GW 415:
- Contains no additives
- High fragrance load - 8% to 10% fragrance loads are possible
- Blends well with other waxes, such as beeswax, paraffin wax, slack wax, and microcrystalline wax
- Comes in flake form
- No additives required
- Melt point: 121° to 125°
- Heat wax to around 185°
- Add dye if desired and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly
- Pouring temperatures should typically be around 90° to 100°, though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature
- Allow candles to cool as slow as possible to achieve good jar adhesion and create a smooth finish
- Wait at least 24 hours before burning
- Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size
Need 50 lbs. or More?
Click here for GW 415 50 lb. case quantities.
Posted by Kim Barnes on 10th Nov 2017
Great as usual
Best 100% Soy wax
Posted by Alicia on 16th Mar 2017
I've tried several different kinds of soy waxes and I like this the best. The scent throw is amazing. It takes some experimenting with pour temps and wicks. Once it all pulls together it makes a very nice 100% Soy candle.
Posted by Linda on 21st Dec 2015
I had lots of fun making candles for Christmas gifts.The wax was easy to work with and made nice looking candles.
Posted by Matthew on 14th Oct 2015
I purchased this for using in cold-process soap. It works great and was by far the best price I could find. I will definitely be back for more.
Posted by Unknown on 17th Mar 2015
I just love this wax. As a natural maker and seller of hair, skin, fragrance products and candles, I only use 100% natural products and this wax is # 1.
Pure Soy Candle Making Supplies
Posted by Unknown on 4th May 2013
I absolutely love this site for soy candle making supplies. This soy wax is 100% pure! It contains absolutely no additives.