Golden Brands GW 415 Soy Wax Flakes - 50 lb. Case
Golden Brands GW 415 soy wax is 100% pure and does not contain any additives. It has a slightly higher melt point enabling it to retain a higher fragrance load. GW 415 is designed for use in container candles and blends well with other waxes, such as paraffin and beeswax. A heat gun may be necessary to smooth out the tops of finished candles.
Melt Point: 120 - 125°
Suggested Pouring Temperature: 90 - 100°
Advantages of using GW 415:
- Contains no additives
- High fragrance load - 8% to 10% fragrance loads are possible
- Blends well with other waxes, such as beeswax, paraffin wax, slack wax, and microcrystalline wax
- Comes in flake form
- No additives required
- Melt point: 121° to 125°
- Heat wax to around 185°
- Add dye if desired and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly
- Pouring temperatures should typically be around 90° to 100°, though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature
- Allow candles to cool as slow as possible to achieve good jar adhesion and create a smooth finish
- Wait at least 24 hours before burning
- Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size
Need Less Than 50 lbs.?
Click here for quantities of GW 415 less than 50 lbs.
Posted by lindsey mcclary on 28th Oct 2017
Not only is this soy kosher, but it also creates a magnificent overall candle! Great fragrance load capacity, perfect glass adhesion and it holds color beautifully! Vibrant. I was concerned at first using a wax with no additives but I prefer this over 464, 444, CB Xcel and so on. This one is a winner for me. 444 was a very close second!
My favorite wax
Posted by Alicia on 16th Apr 2017
First starting out I tried several different soy waxes. I keep coming back to this one. The scent throw is really amazing. I always get compliments on my candles. After finding the right fragrance suppliers (the flaming candle is one wink; wink; and the best wick for this wax I have a great candle. Also it seems the cure time is less with this wax than others. I still have a couple of fragrances that I have to wait a week on, but that is usually the max. I appreciate that the flaming candle carries this. It ships the quickest to me. All around great!