EcoSoya PB (Pillar Blend)Soy Wax
EcoSoya PB (Pillar Blend) soy wax is made from 100% soybeans and carefully selected botanical oils. It is designed for making molded candles such as votives, tarts, and pillar candles.
Melt Point: 130°
Suggested Initial Pouring Temperature: 155°
Suggested Second Pouring Temperature (when necessary): 140° - 145°
Advantages of Using EcoSoya PB:
- Self-releases from molds requiring no mold release
- Very good scent throw
- High fragrance load – 6% - 10% fragrance loads are possible
- Smooth and creamy appearance
- Pre-blended; no additives required
- Comes in flake form
- Ships well in all climates
- Heat wax to around 170° - 190°
- Add dye if desired and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance and mix thoroughly
- Pouring temperatures should typically be around 155°, though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature
- For larger candles requiring a second pour, allow the candle to cool until it is warm with a congealed center. Once the wax has “skinned” over, poke 2 relief holes close to the wick and do the second pour in the range of 140° - 145°. For candles requiring a second pour, be careful not to pour beyond the wax line created from the first pour
- Wait at least 48 hours before burning
- Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and mold size
Tips for Using EcoSoya PB:
- Optimal pouring temperatures will vary by mold type/size and additives used
- The liquid wax should begin solidifying within 30 minutes. If the wax does not start solidifying within 30 minutes, the pouring temperature was too high
- Larger candles of greater than 3” in diameter typically require a second pour. Second pour should be performed while candle center is still warm, but in a congealed state
- Add the dye and fragrance at a temperature of 155° or higher
- Adjusting the pouring temperature can help with cracking and/or frosting should they occur. Pouring temperature adjustments should be in 10° increments
- Allow candles to cool as slow as possible
- Use caution when using EcoSoya PB by not allowing the wax to heat above 190° as it may lead to wax discoloration
Need 50 lbs. or More?
Click here for EcoSoya PB 50 lb. case quantities.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 24 | Next
Posted by LaTawnya Scott on 27th Jan 2017
I'm going to mix this wax. First wax I used for tarts and it performs great.
Easy for a rookie
Posted by Lynda on 30th Nov 2016
I just started making pillars and this wax pretty much does the work itself! I know its ready to come out of the mold because it has unattached on its own, then usually slides out when I turn it over. Seems to hold all of the fragrances Ive tried really well.
Great for Tarts
Posted by Michelle D on 3rd Oct 2016
Great wax for tarts - releases well from molds - highly recommend.
EcoSoya Pillar Blend
Posted by Loretta on 9th Aug 2016
This is the first time I have used this was for my pillars. I usually don't do the wick until the end. I went to drill my hole for the wick and all my pillars cracked in half. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to insert the wick before I pour the wax in? What is the best way to make these pillar candles? Thank you. Loretta
Great wax for melts!
Posted by Rich Boozell on 30th Jun 2016
Working on a new line of soy wax melts and the 464 was just too soft and sticky, the PB wax works perfectly!
Best Candle Melts Wax
Posted by Shay A on 21st Apr 2016
Upon making my candle melt line, I was having trouble finding a wax that does not leave a white hue and carries a throw good. Finding this ecosoya is the best and is working wonders for me.
perfect for clamshell wax melts
Posted by BJW on 8th Apr 2016
Having gotten requests for wax melts, I did some research and realized the GW464 was not the best choice for that use. I decided on this wax, and I believe it is working out perfectly! Thanks, Flaming Candle!
Best tart and pillar wax around.
Posted by Unknown on 31st Mar 2016
Just tried a sample of this wax for tarts and votives and I love it. Great throw and super easy to work with!
A great wax for Votive Candles and Pillar
Posted by Unknown on 28th Mar 2016
I have used this wax for 5 years. I like fact that I can 20 lb bags and if I order on a Friday I will have my order by Tuesday
Posted by Elizabeth on 10th Mar 2016
This wax works perfect for me! It's very easy to use, and I love how easy it is to pop out of molds:)
Showing reviews 1-10 of 24 | Next