ProBlend 550 Versatile Paraffin Wax
Need case quantities? Click HERE.
ProBlend 550 Versatile Paraffin Wax is a fully refined food grade paraffin wax. This wax contains no additives and comes in granule form for ease of use. The flexibility of this wax makes it suitable for pillar candles, votive candles, cut-and-carve candles, chunk candles, and tarts. This wax is not recommended for container candles.
Please note: During our testing, this wax exhibited mottling characteristics when used without additives. If you want to ensure your candles do not mottle, we recommend using additives to prevent mottling from occurring.
Melt Point: ~ 138° - 140°F
Advantages of using ProBlend 550:
- Granule form makes it easy to get just the right amount of wax needed without having to cut or break slabs
- Just enough shrinkage for easy mold removal
- 3% fragrance loads are possible, which can be increased with the use of additives
- Appropriate for a wide variety of applications
- Customizable with additives and techniques to produce a variety of end results
Please note that usage guidelines will vary with this wax depending on desired outcome
Basic guidelines for pillar candles:
- Heat wax to around 185° - 200°
- Add dye if desired and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly
- Initial pouring temperatures should typically be around 180° - (Note: be sure to reserve some wax for the second pour)
- As the wax begins to congeal (or harden), it is recommended to poke relief holes around the wick using a wooden skewer or other utensil
- As the wax continues to cool, it will contract (sink in) and will need a second pour - Second pours should be poured 10° hotter than the first pour
- When doing the second pour, be sure not to pour above the level of the initial pour or wax will run down the side of the candle where it has pulled away from the mold (leaving an uneven surface)
- Wait at least 24 hours before burning
- Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and mold size
Posted by Unknown on 20th Apr 2018
Way too soft of a wax for cut and curl candles
Who loves easy?!
Posted by Paul Barnard on 22nd Apr 2016
This might be my go to wax for my pillars! No more cutting blocks down!
Fantastic cut and carve wax
Posted by Unknown on 28th Jan 2016
I am just getting started with cut and carve candles, and this wax has been great to work with. It's plyable without any additives. I love that it's in a granule form instead of having to break up wax. Will be ordering more soon.