ProBlend 450 Paraffin Pillar Wax
Need case quantities? Click HERE.
ProBlend 450 Paraffin Pillar Wax is a premium quality paraffin wax designed for making pillar candles, votive candles, and tarts. This blend comes in granule form for ease of use. This wax is specially blended to help you create beautiful pillar candles with strong scent throw!
Melt Point: ~ 132°F
Advantages of using ProBlend 450:
- Granule form makes it easy to get just the right amount of wax needed without having to cut or break slabs
- Just enough shrinkage for easy mold removal
- High fragrance load – up to 7% fragrance loads are possible
- Pre-blended; no additives required
- Melt wax to approximately 180° - 185°F.
- Add candle dye and additives if desired and mix thoroughly to ensure full dispersion
- Add fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly to ensure full dispersion – We recommend adding 1 oz. of fragrance per lb. of wax to begin, adjusting up or down to achieve desired scent strength
- Cool to approximately 175°F and pour into mold slowly – While pouring temperatures should typically be around 175°, experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature (Please note: Votive and pillar candles generally require a second pour, which should be approximately 10° hotter than the initial pour to ensure the wax binds together)
- Allow candles to cool at room temperature for 24 – 48 hours prior to burning
- Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size
Holds Fragrance Very Well
Posted by EarthyGirl on 8th Dec 2017
This stuff is awesome when it comes to scent retention. It didn't matter what fragrance I used it held very well. If you are making candles you are definitely going to have to do a second pour. Leave some space in your molds to do that. It does get a pretty good sink hole near wick. Poured second pour they come out great and burn great. If doing tarts you wont have to worry about this.
Posted by Kay on 7th Sep 2017
I started a parasoy wax and the hot throw and cold throw were not what I was hoping for. Once I used this wax none of that was a problem! I adore this wax!
So far so great
Posted by Kay on 5th Sep 2017
I make tarts and started using the para soy blend and did not get the throw I was looking for immediately. I found after letting them cure for almost a month it got better but I don't have the time or patience for that. I wanted to try this because I know paraffin is great for scent retention and throw and so far, it has completely lived up to the hype. Amazing cold and hot scent throw and you can burn a lot sooner and have great results without the long cure time. I have only made a few batches but so far, amazing.
Best and Easiest
Posted by Toni Perry on 26th Jul 2017
I love ths wax for my tarts and pillar candles and my granule candles. the granule form is so easy to weigh so speeds up process without having to beat a way at a block slab. i will continue to order this wax from FC.
Posted by Toni Perry on 9th Mar 2017
this first time i tried this particular wax and i love it!!! so easy to use & weigh. no more beating and breaking up slabs for me it will def save you time. i make tarts using this wax. can't wait to make my first pillar candles. will continue buying this wax!
Best candles ever
Posted by Unknown on 16th Feb 2016
I was using the wrong kind... thanks to the knowledge from the staff they recommended this and it was a 360. That's ll i use now.
The best wax
Posted by Unknown on 6th Feb 2016
This wax is fantastic to work with. So much easier than the blocks of wax. Will be ordering this wax from now on.
Easy and quality!
Posted by Unknown on 8th Jan 2016
I flipped when I found this wax on your site. This wax is what initially led me to your company because I had just finished nearly breaking out the jackhammer for the 10 pound solid slab of wax from another company. I was convinced that there had to be a better way of breaking up the wax and still getting a pre blended quality wax that has a wonderful strong scent retention and scent throw were basically I just have to measure and melt my wax and that's it!! I don't have to worry about quality or adding additives separately, or spend 30 minutes breaking up a big slab. You have seriously saved my sanity by giving me the perfect wax to build my business on. I really can't thank you enough and I pray you never stop selling this wax!
Very Nice Wax
Posted by Unknown on 26th Sep 2015
I make tarts and was looking for a good wax for hot and cold throw that would not melt during shipping. This is the one.
You will be happy with your choice on this one.