Red Liquid Candle Dye
Liquid candle dyes are a great way for coloring wax and achieving different shades of a desired color. The benefits of using liquid candle dyes include:
- Cost Effective - One ounce will color approximately 125 lbs. of wax.
- Even Dispersion – Simply add the desired amount and stir lightly. Liquid candle dyes are less prone to leaving dye particles in wax from not fully dissolving.
- Usage Control - Our liquid candle dyes come in an amber glass bottle with a liquid dropper for ease of use. The recommended use is 7 drops per lb. of wax for a medium shade, using less for lighter shades and more for deeper colors.
- Customization – Liquid candle dyes can be blended with other colors to create unique, custom colors.
- Versatility – Our liquid candle dyes can be used in paraffin, soy, and gel wax.
As with all candle making projects, we always recommend testing to achieve desired results.
Note: The shades shown in the picture are approximate and can vary with amount of dye and type of wax used. Other factors that can impact color when making candles include wax opacity, use of additives such as stearic acid, and fragrance.
Due to the wax consistencies, it is common for paraffin waxes to produce vibrant colors and soy waxes to produce pastel colors.
Liquid candle dyes may have a slight smell in the bottle that is not noticeable in finished candles. Colors do not separate in storage, but minimal shaking is recommended prior to use.
a good red colorant
Posted by Elisa Davis-Diaz on 20th Oct 2017
Did nicely in my wax product..no complaints!
Red means RED
Posted by Paul Barnard on 22nd Apr 2016
Been hard to find a red that is so bright, but no longer!
I recommend this dye!
Posted by Unknown on 28th Jan 2016
It's really good dye and easily to use.
Posted by Unknown on 20th Dec 2015
I've used this with everything from 1 drop to 7 drops.. the range is great. and no matter how many drops the color is always smooth,, Love it
Not so much Red
Posted by Unknown on 9th Nov 2015
I put 140 drops into 20 pounds of wax. What i got was a dark hot pink. It is pretty though, if you don't want a true red.
Not sure if i should have added more drops to get to red.
I found my Holiday Red
Posted by Unknown on 29th Sep 2015
this color is great! a dab will do ya.
This is such a vibrant red, it will be perfect for Christmas.
I have also made some cool pinks with it to.
Posted by Tracey McGraw on 19th Jul 2014
Beautiful red, no odor.
Highly Concentrated Liquid Candle Dye
Posted by Unknown on 4th May 2013
This liquid candle dye is highly concentrated so you get more out of it. Add a little or a little more until you get your perfect shade. This candle dye is so easy to use!