Purple Liquid Candle Dye
Liquid candle dyes are a great way for coloring wax and achieving different shades of a desired color. The benefits of using liquid candle dyes include:
- Cost Effective - One ounce will color approximately 125 lbs. of wax.
- Even Dispersion – Simply add the desired amount and stir lightly. Liquid candle dyes are less prone to leaving dye particles in wax from not fully dissolving.
- Usage Control - Our liquid candle dyes come in an amber glass bottle with a liquid dropper for ease of use. The recommended use is 7 drops per lb. of wax for a medium shade, using less for lighter shades and more for deeper colors.
- Customization – Liquid candle dyes can be blended with other colors to create unique, custom colors.
- Versatility – Our liquid candle dyes can be used in paraffin, soy, and gel wax.
As with all candle making projects, we always recommend testing to achieve desired results.
Note: The shades shown in the picture are approximate and can vary with amount of dye and type of wax used. Other factors that can impact color when making candles include wax opacity, use of additives such as stearic acid, and fragrance.
Due to the wax consistencies, it is common for paraffin waxes to produce vibrant colors and soy waxes to produce pastel colors.
Liquid candle dyes may have a slight smell in the bottle that is not noticeable in finished candles. Colors do not separate in storage, but minimal shaking is recommended prior to use.
Posted by Elisa Davis-Diaz on 20th Oct 2017
no complaints, nice purple colorant
Well worth the price!
Posted by Nina on 5th Jun 2017
First, the color itself is beautiful; the purple shades you see here accurately reflect what it looks like in real life (using soy wax, in my case). While the price is a dollar or so more expensive than other coloring brands I've seen, you are more than getting what you pay for. 3 drops in 3.5 ounces of wax was enough to color it to a rich, vibrant purple. Another (cheaper) brand I was using took over 35 drops in the same amount and type of wax to achieve a similar shade. I'm already running low on that brand, but the color I bought here should last me a long, long time. Highly recommended!
Posted by Unknown on 9th Jan 2016
I just made some tarts using this dye and they came out the prettiest shade of purple!
Posted by Unknown on 20th Dec 2015
Easy to you and great range!
Purple Liquid Candle Dye
Posted by Unknown on 9th Apr 2013
This purple liquid candle dye makes beautiful candles. Customize your candles by playing with the amount of dye you use. Create a pastel purple or a rich dark purple.