Ivory Dye Chips
Candle dye chips are an easy way to consistently create many different shades for coloring candles. The benefits of using candle dye chips include:
- Cost Effective – One chip will color approximately 1 lb. of wax.
- No Mess or Spills – When using dye chips, you don't have to worry about spills or accidentally dripping too much dye into your melted wax.
- Selection of Pre-Made Colors – Candle dye chips come in many unique pre-made colors, allowing you to create the same color each time without blending.
- Usage Control – Each chip can be broken into smaller pieces if desired. The recommended use is 1 chip per lb. of wax for a medium shade, using less for lighter shades and more for deeper colors.
- Customization – Candle dye chips can be blended with other colors to create additional unique colors.
- Versatility – Candle dye chips can be used in paraffin and soy wax.
As with all candle making projects, we always recommend testing to achieve desired results. Once the candle dye chip has been added to the melted wax, we recommend stirring thoroughly to ensure the dye chip fully disperses in the wax.
Note: The shade shown in the color image is approximate and can vary with amount of dye and type of wax used. Other factors that can impact color when making candles include wax opacity, use of additives such as stearic acid, and fragrance.
Due to the wax consistencies, it is common for paraffin waxes to produce vibrant colors and soy waxes to produce pastel colors.
Posted by KJ Miller on 8th May 2017
I use this for a colorant for carving wax, rather than candles, so I need melt into something that is not completely wax. Many I have tried don't, they bead and then create color pockets - not good. This product has never done that. I will definitely continue to use.
Posted by Unknown on 19th Oct 2014
I have used these dye chips before and am happy that Flaming Candle carries them. Easy to use, great color.